Saturday, October 9, 2010

Volleyball

So today, Saturday, there is a volleyball tournamnet and GWA is hosting it. That means that I have to be here all day, from 9 to 6. That's just what I wanted to do on my Saturday. Normally I wouln't mind but this morning I woke up with a cold. It is all those sick kids that come and see me everyday. "Miss, miss, I have a cold." They call all women miss and all the men mr. I don't know if it's because they don't take the time to learn our names or because there is such a high turn over. They know their teachers name but sometimes I still hear them say miss, miss to her.

So yesterday was interesting. Every Friday the middle school has physical fitness day in PE. It is the last hour of the day. Well, four boys had fallen on the stairs when they were on their way to PE class and "sprained" their ankle so they came to me. I looked at them and nothing was wrong. I gave them a note and they left limping. Well, they went up to their PE teacher and told her that I said that they couldn't do PE because they sprained their ankle and then gave her the note. The note was to excuse them from being late, I had never wrote on there that they didn't have to do PE. So they came to me and then lied right to their teacher. I was so mad. I'm not sure what's going to happen to those boys.  Did they we weren't going to find out? I think they should do the fitness test everyday next week. To Moroccans, lieing is not a sin. It says that in the Koran. So kids come to me all the time and just lie straight to my face.

I have become really good friends with a lady names Chandel. She lives on campus and I have spent the past two Fridays at her place. She is such a blessing to me because she feeds me home cooked meals. Last night we had this chicken with raddish, carrots, and garlic. She also made this mexican ranch stuff and we had green and yellow peppers with it. It was fantastic. We are going to coach the soccer team in the spring. I don't really know the first thing about soccer but I will just encourage the girls out there on the field.

Well, I hope all is well! I miss you and love you.

Kaylee

ps. sorry if I spell any words wrong, the spell check isn't set to English so all the words are highlighed.

2 comments:

  1. You keep those little kiddes on the straight and narrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if you want to learn some of the basics, I can give you some pointers! Like position names, offsides, when to throw in or kick etc. But the most basic things to yell is "spread out!" (if they are bunching up) "Man on!" (if their is an opponent coming up on them) Some people crack me up by yelling the most obvious things like "get it in the goal" like, duh! or "get it out of there!" when they are too close to our goal. Hello, don't you think they are trying to do that? Glad you are enjoying yourself! At least you are learning the fine art of decifering lying so when/if you have kids you will be well on your way!!! Jean

    ReplyDelete